Strings and Other Things, Inc.
1995 Broadway, Floor 6
New York, NY 10023
Phone (212) 362-0857
Fax (212) 721-2313
Strings and Other Things, Inc. (“Lessor”) and _____________________________ (“Lessee”) hereby agree as follows:
Dated: New York, New York ________________
- Lessor hereby leases the following equipment to Lessee: _____________________________ (the “Instrument”).
- Instrument has a value of $__________________.
- Instrument is rented for a period of ________ months for a rental fee of $_______ per month, payable in advance.
- Instrument must be returned on or before ________________ (the “Due Date”), unless this contract is renewed or extended beyond the Due Date in writing.
- There will be no charge for July and August of any rental year if
a) the rental is renewed for the following year prior to June 30 of the current year, and
b) the instrument is not returned prior to the end of the following year.
- All sums owed by Lessee to Lessor must be fully paid and up-to-date at the time of the return of Instrument.
- After one year of renting, five (5) months’ of the rental fee is applicable towards the purchase of any new instrument from Lessor.
- Lessor acknowledges receipt of a security deposit in the sum $________. This deposit is fully refundable if Instrument is returned in the condition in which it was issued. Upon return of Instrument, charges applicable to any necessary repair and any amount owed by Lessee to Lessor will be deducted from the deposit.
- Sizes may be switched as needed, but depend upon availability and must be reserved in advance.
- Replacement strings, rosin, cloths, bow rehair and any accessories are the responsibility of Lessee during the rental term.
- Lessee shall maintain Instrument in good repair and good condition.
- Lessee acknowledges that he, she, or it has received and read the Instrument care instructions and agrees to abide by all instructions contained therein.
- Risk of loss of Instrument by theft, disappearance, damage, breakage or other causes is the responsibility of Lessee and will not be covered by Lessor.
- By initialing the appropriate box below, Lessee hereby agrees to acquire insurance on Instrument in one of the following ways:
_____ a) Lessee hereby authorizes Lessor to purchase instrument protection having a $25 deductible on Instrument on Lessee’s behalf, and Lessee agrees to reimburse Lessor in advance in the amount of $_______/month for the premiums applicable to such protection, or
_____ b) Lessee agrees to add the value of Instrument to his, her or its homeowners of other existing property damage insurance policy, or to purchase new insurance applicable to Instrument.
- Lessee may not transfer this Agreement or any interest in Instrument to any third party. Lessee may not allow any third party other than _____________________ to use Instrument without Lessor’s consent.
- In the event the Instrument is not returned within thirty (30) days of the Due Date, Lessee will owe the lessor 115% of one month’s rent for each portion of each month during which lessee has retained possession of instrument after the due date.
Lessor: Strings and Other Things, Inc.
Print Name: __________________________
Lessee Signature:______________________ Print Name: _________________________
Address: ______________________________________________ (apt) ___________
City, State, Zip: _________________________________________________________
Tel No. (Home): ________________________________________________________
Tel No. (Work): _________________________________________________________